We are looking to hire either an intermediate or senior staff accountant at our Markham office.
Candidates must have previous experience in a public accounting office, preparing audit and review engagements in compliance with ASPE and NFP ASPE.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing audit, review, and compilation engagements, preparation of income distribution slips in February and March, preparation of personal tax returns in April, and providing other accounting, personal and corporate tax, assurance, and advisory services as required.
The candidate will report directly to partners and mentor junior staff as needed. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, initiative, and a real desire to succeed in a client oriented, fast paced professional services environment.
- Performing Audits and Reviews under ASPE and NFP ASPE as required. Candidates are expected to be able to perform research and analysis of accounting issues under ASPE and document alternatives and conclusions in order to support assurance file conclusions.
- Performing compilations and preparing accompanying year end T2 corporate tax returns. Experience with supplementary forms, T106, T1134, T1135, and NFP returns T1044 and charitable return T3010 would be beneficial
- Preparation of T3, T4 and T5 summaries as required
- Preparation of T1 personal tax returns as required
- Assisting with CRA audits and queries and liaising with CRA on assessments and appeals as required
- Assisting partners with tax research and integrated tax planning on various matters as required
- Communicating with clients, CRA, partners and staff on an ongoing basis
- Fostering and maintaining positive relationships with clients
- Billing, budgeting and billing reconciliations as required
Mandatory requirements for consideration include:
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in Public Accounting
- Previous experience in performing financial statement audits and reviews from planning through to file execution and file completion. Candidates with no previous audit or review engagement experience will not be considered
- Previous direct practical experience in public accounting. Candidates with no direct practical experience in public accounting will not be considered.
- Previous experience with either Taxprep or Profile
- Previous experience with Caseware
- Previous experience preparing personal and corporate tax returns. Candidates with no previous tax return preparation experience will not be considered.
- Completed, or in the process of completing CPA designation preferred
Salary: to be determined commensurate with experience